Thursday, April 3, 2008

Condolences from the Elliptical

Today I went to the gym for the 2nd time since Kara has been born. I learned after I had Levi that it just takes that long, so I haven't felt too bad about my lack of aerobic activity these last 6 months. (Actually, if you are/have been a BFing mommy, you know why - it's just uncomfortable!!)



So, there I am at my favorite machine (the elliptical WITH "arms" - I feel that if I'm going to be in one place for 30 minutes, than I might as well get an arm work-out too!) I quickly type in my info - time, weight, age (30, yikes, there it is again) and get started. Having spent many hours on these machines, I pretty much can tell you where I am as far as calories burned. Up until today, I usually averaged around 200 calories for every 30 minutes (not that I necessarily believe that, but anyways). You can imagine my surprise when I was pushing 150 calories about halfway. Hmmm... Sure enough, I finished the workout at 300 calories. Granted, so I know that I have about 5 more pounds to lose, but do these machines take pity on you when you turn 30?!?!?! Is it there way of saying, "I'm sorry you are getting older, we'll make you feel better by letting you believe you are burning more calories than you really are?" Well, for whatever it's worth, it made me feel better today. Now, if I could just give up chocolate....



One last thing - it had been a while since I'd listened to my MP3 player and so I hadn't looked at my playlist in awhile. I almost shed a little tear when my cousins former band (Hope Dialect) started blasting away....RIP. Any chance for a reunion tour? I put on my HD t-shirt when I got home :).

No comments: