Saturday, April 5, 2008

One blessing after another

I've mentioned our friends Jim & Jaime to you a few times, but I wanted to give you a little history. We met them a couple years ago when they moved to the area. They visited our church and I ran after them into the parking lot (literally - they were halfway to their car) and told them that they needed to be in our Life Group. It worked (in other words, I didn't scare them), and we became fast friends. They are one of those couples that we just hit it off with immediately. Jim is in the firework business, although I really thought he was kidding at first. He is the big marketing guy for a national fireworks company and is a great guy to know during the 4th of July. I'm still upset with him for not letting me be in his commercials, but anyways. He is fantastic with children and Levi would literally walk off with him and forget about us - Jim is a big kid. Jaime is a nurse and I am convinced nurses (almost) all have a genuine gift of helping others. Jaime is no exception. She is a great listener and we had a fun time rooming together at a women's retreat and also hauling laminate flooring through Lowe's (sorry Jim, had to throw that one in there).

For the past year and a half, they have been on a journey to adopt a sibling group from Columbia. There have been lots of mountain top and valley experiences along the way, but today they finally got their travel date - and it's only two weeks away!! Jaime was able to post pictures of their three (yes, three!) kids now. Go show them some blogging love - I know they are on cloud nine!!! We love you Jim & Jaime and can't wait to see a picture of the 5 of you together! You are going to make great parents!

When I thought the day couldn't get any better, Bill & Melodie were finally able to post this. So exciting!!!

Keep praying for both of these families as they persevere through what is undoubtedly a stressful time.

No comments: