Thursday, January 29, 2009

Levi, Where Do You Want to Eat?



I've learned don’t ask your kids where they want to eat unless you are willing to go there. Luckily I like McDonalds, but it got me to thinking… Maybe I should start slipping toy prizes in at the places I want to eat. We already have a collection of disregarded happy meal toys, some even unopened (the no eat, no toy policy). I know I can pull it off at places where I bring the food to the table, but other restaurants may require too much coordination with the waiter.

Of course if your main motivation for eating is the toy, then McDonalds is the way to go. Arby’s sometimes steps it up and Burger King is no slouch. Chick Fila usually has some lame educational toy. Luckily we figured out that you can trade them in for ice cream. Plus, who needs a little toy when there is an indoor playground staring at you.

Then again the other great motivator is the cookie. Thank you ABC and Lenny’s. I’ve tried to instill at a young age that these children’s meal cookies are meant to be shared with the entire family. I’m not sure how long it will last though…. hopefully at least until they are 18.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Huh-larious! I so appreciate the eating out analysis!

Alison said...

When I got Kimberly's comment by e-mail I thought she was just commenting on a really old post that I didn't remember. So, I clicked on it and it came up and I thought - someone hijacked my blog!

That's how little Garet posts :). lu

Anonymous said...

That was funny Garet! My favorite part was the no eat, no toy policy. I also like the label "Garet writes"...

Ben Amos

Joy said...

I was reading this, thinking, boy, this sure doesn't sound like Alison!! And then, surprise, surprise, a post from Garet!

Good luck with the sharing their cookies till they are 18...let us know how that one works out.