Saturday, September 19, 2009

Build-A-Monkey

We wanted to do something special with the kids this past Tuesday Night since we knew that we weren't going to get to hang out with them for a few days. I had read an article in a magazine about doing a Build-A-Bear for the new baby, so away we went. Levi had wanted to do a monkey for Garison and thankfully they had one when we got to the store.
After they filled the monkey with stuffing, they have the kids do a little routine to get the heart ready. Garison's monkey is extra-special because it has two hearts in it - one from Levi and one from Kara.
I think Levi's heart was a little more ready than Kara's:

Stuffing the hearts in the monkey:
Giving the monkey a bath:
Levi scrubbed him down good:
while Kara provided her assistance from a distance:
The finished product! Levi chose a "Happy Birthday" shirt since they were going to give it to Garison on his BIRTHday.
They named the monkey "Ooh Ooh, Aah, Aah" (like the sound a monkey makes). You never know with those two:
The kids were a little hyped up, but it was nice to do one last thing as a family of four. You can see where the kids gave him the monkey here.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Alison, I am totally impressed that you are writing and organizing amazing blog posts right after having your 3rd child. I am digging the posts! I get emotional every time I read them (maybe because I am pregnant with #3 too, I'm not sure). And I am so happy for your family. Thank you for blogging your stories.

Kristen said...

Awesome idea!