Sunday, March 23, 2008

Martha Stewart would not be proud

"He is not here; He has risen, just as he said" - Matthew 28:6a

Sunday mornings are always crazy around our house - if we get to church on time, it is a miracle...and I'm on staff - how sad is that?!?! I keep telling myself that it will get better when the kids are older. :) Anyway, we had a great service this morning and I have throughly cherished my time with my church family lately since we have missed so much being out of town and sick. We are starting a church-wide series next week that will be incorporated into our Life Groups called "No Perfect People Allowed". I've spent a lot of time preparing for the next few weeks and I can't wait to see what God has in store for our church through the messages.

Well, I've read up on all my friends blogs today and most include cute little Easter pictures of them and/or their children. That was my plan today, but as I learned taking Levi's Christmas Picture in 2006, you can have NO expectations when it comes to toddlers because it just causes too much frustration. So, here it is in all it's glory....the kids Easter Pictures:

Kara pooped all over her cute little dress (and me), and yes, that is chocolate all over Levi's face. Levi also got some "Cars" crocs which he insisted on wearing to church today. I'll have to post a picture of them later.

So, this picture turned out pretty cute.

Finally, here is our Easter Dinner! We are gladly accepting invitations for Easter Dinner next year :).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Great pictures and whatnot on the blog. Also, congratulations on being 30! I know Sarah and I will enjoy checking up on the family. I particularly enjoyed today's post :) We'll keep blogger-stalking you from Maryland. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison! Cool site! I am new to the blog thing also, but I wanted to let you know I enjoyed "catching up" with you guys! Life goes by so quickly these days! Love, Chele:)

Anonymous said...

Our Easter pictures would include spitup on the Easter Outfit, a scratch on the chin from an early morning fall, and a huge red couch "burn" on the baby forehead following a nosedive off the couch -- I'm feeling really good about my mom skills after that! (we took Easter pictures the day before under 'controlled circumstances, so don't think they are real!!)

Unknown said...

Alison, Phil and I ate Sonic for Easter lunch. I feel your pain. It never really feels special at HOME for me, maybe due to so many responsibilities at church. I don't know. I've learned to be grateful for small things. Maria was home and came with us, my parents were here. I sat with almost my entire family on Easter! I had a good day leading worship - people seemed to really engage with God and respond. I didn't get sick or lose my voice. :) My parents took the kids out to eat and Phil and I hit the road, eating the very mundane meal of a hamburger. Maybe next year we need to find someone who would like to cook Easter dinner and all go to their house! And btw, what you experienced is the absolute reality of motherhood. I still can't get my kids to be still or smile right for a picture. Did you see our Christmas picture? It looks like a mug shot! (except me and my mom!)Oh well, on my way to ARundel Mills! Thanks for the info.

Ashley Turnbull said...

Alison:

1. LOVE the new blog. You must put up links on the right-hand side to other blogs; this way, I can meander my way to those (as if I don't have 1000 other random blogs I read).

2. Kids are too cute. Kara's eyes are just adorable.

3. Must tell more of this DR trip. When, where, how? Did ya'll nix NYC? You'll have to tell us how DR goes. That's on my list of top 5 (if I can get Adam to committ).

Alison said...

I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones with "perfect" Easter stories!!