Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Weekend in Detroit...

This past weekend we drove 10+ hours to Detroit to visit Garet's sister, Keri, and her family. We picked up Garet's sister, Kelly, and her kids in Nashville along the way - the more the merrier! Having 3 adults and 4 kids in one vehicle actually went fairly smooth - whew.

On the way up, we spent the night with Garet's Uncle George & Aunt Becky. When we arrived, Levi promptly said "This is the wrong house". Someone was ready to see their cousins. After cookies, milk and toys at the house, Levi concluded that "I do like this house". So, George & Becky, thank you for putting up with all 7 of us!

We arrived in Detroit on Saturday afternoon. It was nice to spend time with family and we also celebrated my nephew Brannon's 8th Birthday - Happy Birthday Brannon. Here he is with a Bionicle we got him (that's the "in" thing for 8 year olds if you are looking for any gift ideas).

Sunday was my birthday, you can read about it here. Monday was St. Patrick's Day, so we all decked out in green to avoid pinches from all the cousins. The kids looked so cute in their outfits. For lunch we went to Caesar Land (like Chuck E. Cheese) and Levi had a blast. He got to the top of one of the slides and proudly exclaimed: "Don't worry Mommy". He knows me too well. That afternoon I needed to fill my IKEA need, so my sister-in-law Kelly and I went since she had never been. IKEA once again came through for me and I ended up with several things I really had no need for...one of which is an indoor swing. I'm sure there will be interesting stories to go along with this! We topped the evening off with an Easter Egg Hunt. Levi was pretty excited about the M&M's. He ate them all in one setting.

Tuesday Morning we left and drove the entire way home to Alabama. The kids decided to sing "I get my kicks on route 66" and "I like to move it, move it" over and over and over again. It was quite entertaining. We also managed to somehow leave Levi's tennis shoes in Nashville - we were tired!
I can't finish without thanking Keri for all her fantastic cooking! As a non-cook, these trips are so worth the home-made cooking we get :).

No comments: