Monday, March 24, 2008

What happened to NYC?

Several people asked me about this today....

I was planning on having a big blow-out party in NYC with some Auburn friends for my 30th birthday. It was going to be great - everyone was pumped, we were all going to fly-in and have a fantastic kid-free weekend together. However, when I sent out the follow-up e-mail, only the Canada's could commit...and they really couldn't commit to a date because of Jason's flying schedule (everyone fly Continental).

So, we decided to rethink our plans. I've been a little drained lately, so I decided I wanted to go somewhere that I didn't have to go, go, go and might actually feel refreshed when I got home. After polling some friends, I chose the Dominican Republic. We've had two fantastic reviews from friends at the following 2 resorts: Excellence and Paradisus. If you have any knowledge of these two resorts, please let me know! I'm leaning towards Excellence because it is adults only. The only caveat to this whole trip is our frequent flier ticket situation. We are hoping Garet's "Gold Medallion" Status will help pull our little trip through.

In the meantime, if you have any recommendations for stress-free vacations, I'm all ears if the DR falls through.

I'm still up for a NYC trip whenever everyone wants to go!! I'll plan it if you don't leave me hanging :)!

3 comments:

Bull said...

Finally, the Fields have joined the blog world. It's about time. Tomorrow I expect some poetry from Gbone.

Darby said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I see you read us... you are now required to submit a recipe... no more hiding under "stalker" status! :) I'm adding you to my reader!! Look forward to reading more about y'all... it's always fun to read friends of friends!!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Sad about NYC - just too hard to coordinate such a big group. Ya'll will enjoy DR way more! And, maybe when you get back, you can convince Adam to take me =)