Sunday, May 25, 2008

SeaWorld Adventures!

I so wish that I had scanned in a picture of myself as a little girl at Sea World CA, because today took me right back to when I was a kid! Let me preface our trip to Sea World TX by saying that when you go to an amusement park with a 2 and a half year old and a 7 month old, you don't have high expectations - you just can't or you will be so disappointed. Having said that, we had one of the best days I think we could have had! Not perfect, but memorable!

We arrived first thing at 9 AM, got a great parking spot and headed into the park. Our first stop was the dolphin pond. Levi did NOT want to be around them, he wanted to see the smaller fish. I didn't like where this was going...

After a tour through some "smaller fish" aquariums, Garet wanted to ride a roller coaster, so we headed over to the Steal Eel. I missed taking a picture of him, but here is Levi & I waiting on Daddy:
The whole time Garet was gone, Levi wanted to go ride "his roller coaster" - this little Shamu ride. Unfortunately, it turned out that Levi was too short. Thankfully, a ride in these "eggs" sufficed for the day.
Next, we ventured over to see Shamu! Garet had never been to a Sea World before, so this was his first experience too! It is just amazing to me to watch people interact with such huge animals. I have to admit that I got some goosebumps during the performance! We chose a seat near the back for fear that Levi might REALLY not like the "big fish". He liked Shamu though and it was smooth sailing the rest of the day. Whew!
Have I mentioned that it is HOT here?!?! Oh my goodness, it is hot. Luckily, we stumbled upon an indoor cafeteria for lunch where we could let the kids cool off. Kara was so hot that we took her outfit off and here she is "lounging" at lunch. She cracks me up!
The next show we saw was the dolphin, begula whale, synchronized swimmer, trapeze artist, diving, clown show. Quite entertaining. Garet used to tell people that his mom was an award-winning synchronized swimmer, so that is all I could think of during the show. You have to know Garet and his humor to appreciate that one. Anyway, if you look beyond Garet and Levi in the last shot, really small you can see a dolphin in the air.
Here is what Kara looked like during the dolphin show. At least she got her nap!
After one last stop at this kiddie water park, we said good-bye to Sea World. We made it to 3:30 PM which was AMAZING for not getting good naps the day before either! Here is one last shot on the way out - we were tired! Of course, it is a classic shot of the kids...just imagine Levi's eyes open and that you can actually see Kara.

We came back to our hotel to meet Josh & Holly, but unfortunately the kids schedules didn't work out, but we will see them tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! I remember our trip to Sea World too. Keep making those memories. I'm so glad we have so many of when you and Brian were young. Love you all - Mom/Grandma

Kendra said...

Welcome to Texas! :o) And yes, it's hot! We just moved about 2.5 hrs north of San Antonio, otherwise we'd love to see you guys! This time about two months ago, we were packing up our house! San Antonio is a fabulous place to visit! I hope ya'll have a great time!

Alison said...

Kendra: I wish we hadn't missed you! So close!

Anonymous said...

Kara really can sleep anywhere. Amazing! She is so cute. I can see why Jude has the hots for her :)