Monday, May 26, 2008

San Antone

Today we did "all things touristy" in downtown San Antonio. It was (you guessed it) HOT, but we had a great time. The kids had an absolutely stellar day...I am hoping this continues tomorrow on the flights home!

We started the day at The Alamo where we were finally able to meet up with our friends Josh, Holly and Jude. Wow, we are all parents - yikes! Here we are at the entrance to the Alamo (I think). I got sidetracked talking to the lady at the desk about stamps for Levi & Kara's National Park Books and missed what it was we were actually looking at.

In classic Garet style, we couldn't leave without a few fun shots (Notice a theme?):


On to RiverWalk! This is seriously one of the coolest places I have ever seen. It is kinda like Venice (except clean and modern). I was not expecting it to be so beautiful! We of course rode the riverboats. I didn't get any great pictures on the boat, but here we are anyways:


We ate at our first Mexican Restaurant of the day on the RiverWalk....Casa Rio. It was OK. It was more fun to just talk to our friends.

Watch out Jude, she's an older woman by 6 weeks!

Since I am all about holidays, the kids were dressed for Memorial Day in their Red, White and Blue. Thanks to everyone that is serving or has served our country in the past!
Before naps, we got a quick pool break. This picture of Kara in her new float and swimsuit is classic Kara...lounging around, making sure everyone is focused on her! After naps, we headed down to Market Square...the best way I can describe it is "Little Mexico" like "Little Italy" in NYC. We ate at Mi Terra (our second Mexican Meal of the Day) and it was much better. The picture below makes me realize I'm getting older. Who would have thought 8 years ago in Auburn, these two guys would look like this in 2008:

The "Giddy Gibsons". Note the argyle socks...Normy really hasn't changed folks!
The whole family - we'll never get a picture of all of us looking at the camera, but that's OK!
We ended the night with another stroll around the River Walk and of course some ice cream. It is quite romantic (even if you are pushing a stroller around)! Maybe next time, Garet and I will come by ourselves.

3 comments:

Joy said...

OH, my gosh, how I wish we could have seen you all!! LOVE all the pictures lately, especially the ones of Kara lounging around....:)

What a great shot of the two former Deerfield roomies with their babies -- if only Clete could see them now!!

Kendra said...

Great pictures! Makes me miss San Antonio (just a little bit). :o)

And yeah, you're in front of The Alamo. :o)

The Canada's said...

Yeah for Texas! I haven't gotten my hands on Jude yet, all I need is Josh to remember to call me back (inside joke sorry!)

Looks like you guys had fun!