Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends

This past Saturday, we had an adoption shower for our friends Bill & Melodie, and daughters, Fern & Rosa. The symbol of adoption is a ladybug, so we decorated with all kinds of ladybugs - it turned out so cute!

Since this was a brunch, the ever so creative, Kendra, made chocolate muffins and put ladybug icing on them. They were so sweet (and so good):
The other Allison (who spells her name wrong - we love her anyways :)!), made the diaper cake. I mean seriously, how fun is this:
Opening the gifts. The girls were so excited about all of them - Fern was passing them out to us:
Melodie and her girls:

I love this picture, because these are some of my closest friends! I am so thankful to be able to celebrate each others highs and walk through the lows with these ladies. I think we have officially done every kind of shower you can do now - we are experts! Thanks ladies - aren't they beautiful?!?!

2 comments:

Christie said...

It was a great shower and I had alot of fun! I am so glad that I go to share in this special day with Melodie and her girls. And in the words of sweet Fern from the shower, "Yea!" with hands raised up in the air. :)

Bill and Melodie said...

This was an amazing, fun day! Thankn you all so much. You guys are the greatest friends EVER!!!