Friday, January 9, 2009

Our new friend

Please meet our new table companion...she has eaten with us, prayed with us and even colored with Levi this past week - all with that smile and camera in hand.

If you follow me on twitter, you know that I have been researching cameras and this was the lucky winner of my Christmas money. I ordered it from Costco.com and it was even a better deal once I checked out - I heart Costco.

The camera came on Monday and I haven't had a chance to break it open yet. You see, this is a problem I have. You may have remembered the Roomba/IPOD saga - it takes me forever to open new items.

To give you an example, I went into my room to count the number of things I have yet to take the tags off of or open: A pair of jeans, A pair of khaki pants, an alarm clock, my favorite soap from Hawaii, and a memory card. Now that is the list of things I plan to keep.

Also unopened are the things I plan to return: A pair of jeans, a booster seat (unless I can convince Garet that this is worth $40), shoes for Levi, 2 bathroom vanity lights, and a shower head.

It's a disease! Opening the item makes it so permanent and I am such a researcher that I have to prove to myself that I have exhausted every option before the purchase can become final in my books by opening the item. Sigh.

Note: That thing on top of the camera is this little bendy tripod (unused), but opened by (you guessed it) Garet. He opens things on the way home from the store. That's why we are perfect together folks.

12 comments:

Joy said...

I got the bendy tripod for Christmas, and I LOVE it! I can't wait to use it, especially for all those obscure travel places I make Alex stop at so we can get a picture (which he loves, of course).

sosagtsie said...

i have to say, the cooshie seats are completely worth the money (at least in my head!). Pj wasnt' thrilled about it when he saw the price, but he likes them now. Easy to clean, stays put on the chairs and doesn't have those straps that get so nasty and gross. both of our boys have one and it's great. They've been poked, painted on, bit (no clue why...), stabbed with a fork, spilled on with countless food and drink items - and bounced in - and they still look great.

Granted, we've only had them for maybe 4 months. But that counts...right?

Unknown said...

didn't know you were on twitter. what's your @? I'd like to follow you (umm...that sounds strange, but you know what i mean).

Alison said...

Matt: I believe you are already following me, but I'm @alisonrfields

Bill and Melodie said...

we have the booster seat for Fernand it is worth $40!
I want that camera!!!

Unknown said...

sorry about the brain freeze. I am following you (and paying very close attention). :o)

It's been a very long week...

Kimberly said...

I will be waiting for the subsequent product reviews. :)

I have eyed that booster before but never followed through.

Wallace said...

yea! new camera! have fun! I'm expecting great things!

Kathy said...

The booster seat is definitely worth the $40. I got one right before Ashley grew out of it. I loved it for the time I had it, I just wish I could have gotten one sooner. The chairs that were ruined by the hard plastic booster seat cost more to replace than $40! So please, KEEP THE BOOSTER SEAT!!!!!!

Meredith said...

I'm very jealous of the camera. :-)

Owen said...

That is a great camera! We own the D80 and have been very pleased. Just some FYI from our experience. The Sandisk Extreme III cards have been a life saver in taking many back-to-back shots in quick succession. We also use the SB-600 flash ... which eliminates red-eye, extends battery life, and makes your photos look a LOT better. Happy clicking!

Roger Brown said...

I want the camera :)