Thursday, March 26, 2009

Levisms

Levi's comments continue to keep us on our toes. He asks a lot of questions and is so matter-of-fact about everything.

Tonight while he was getting ready for bed, he said "Maybe when I'm 4-years-old, I can get big people toys". I asked him what he meant by that and he said, "You know, like basketballs and skee ball. But, you don't get the balls back in skee ball". Where does he get this stuff? I didn't even know he knew what skee ball was!

I twittered this earlier, but a couple of nights ago Levi was listing everything he was thankful for in his prayers. The list of course included his walls, surfboard and glow-in-the-dark stars. He also included his light sabers on this particular night. Anyway, right in the middle he says "Take me out to the ballgame" and kept right on listing the things he was thankful for. I learned later that a little girl at school had said this over and over during the day, but it was quite funny in the moment.

Levi is also apparently toning up. I found him the other morning on Garet's work bench with some two pound weights. I thought he had pretty good form for a 3-year-old!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ok, ok. They even do twitter on the news now. Am I a total cave woman for not getting all tweeted up myself?

We had a similar conversation with Noah the other night that involved our asking why he mentions a certain little girl classmate so much (of course, with Noah-speak, you have to do a lot more translating than you do with Levi). Turns out Noah likes Katie so much because she is "FaaNee". "What makes her so funny?" Josh asks. And Noah starts to boogie around showing how Katie dances...and you have to give it to the boy...it was quite silly.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know what skee ball was. I had to look it up - of course, I've played this game before but I just didn't know the name.

I bet Levi could beat me at it!

Ben Amos

Anonymous said...

Glow in the dark stars! You make an uncle proud:) Now, are they in the arrangements of the night sky at the time he was born?

Also, great pics of the Valentine's trip. I was glad to find out I wasn't wearing the same outfit in the 'compare' picture (sadly, I was wearing an even older shirt...)

-Brian

gbone said...

That last picture looks like Levi is thinking, "you're interrupting my workout, mom"