Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

So, this is roughly how far behind I am at this blog thing - Embarrassing, but that's life when you are sick, sick, sick and then your husband is out of town for two weeks. Things are on the upswing now and I'm feeling great! I had my first non-sick day yesterday - woo hoo!! 14 weeks tomorrow!

I've often said that travel is my love language - I still don't know why this wasn't one of the five. So, what better gift for me on Valentine's Day than a trip! The only downside to this trip was that Kara & I were flying to Maryland and Garet & Levi were driving to Nashville.

After hugs & kisses good-bye, Kara and I boarded our plane to Baltimore. I was so nervous about the flight because I had been so sick, easily get motion sick and had Kara by myself in my lap. Visions of me getting sick on take-off or landing (when you can't get up), made it even worse. Keep in mind that we had not announced the pregnancy at this point. Thankfully (and with a lot of prayer), the flight up was seamless. I didn't get sick and Kara was amazingly good. I did get sick on the flight home, but my mom was with us - whew :)!

It was such a treat to get to Maryland and see my brother, sister-in-law, cousins and their families. We don't get to see each other often, so these trips are extra special. My mom had flown up earlier, so we had a full house of family! Love it! Our first stop that night was Uno's - yum!!! It is not good to start a pregnant girl off on pizza like that - I have been craving it everyday since!!

Other highlights of the trip were, of course, IKEA (which I discovered is not nearly as exciting when you are flying and only have a little suitcase to bring things home in), The Melting Pot (I had never been - wow!), watching Brian & Kristen minister to the homeless (very humbling), spending time with my cousins, good home-cooking, watching the kids play and just hanging out - I had a great, great time and wish they all lived closer. I guess it is just another reason to travel though :)!

Here are a bunch of pictures from our weekend. Thanks to mom & Kelly for providing some of the pictures!!
So fun to dress alike for Valentine's Day!The Joslin cousins:
All of us (minus Garet & Levi plus 2 on the way!) Have we changed much since this time last year?:

Kara & Dante loved getting in this cube:

Kara LOVED Aunt Sarah. Probably because she did things like this with her:

Kara & Dante chillin:

This is what Art & Allan did most of the time. At least when I call Art now, my facebook picture shows up! I also renamed their band to Cowboy Chaos:

Colorful IKEA:

Very Kara:

We all had no problems finishing off the chocolate fondue at The Melting Pot!

As I mentioned before, Garet & Levi headed up to Nashville for Kaitlyn's baptism. On Saturday, they went to Caleb's basketball game. I just love this picture of Levi and Kaitlyn in the "stands":

Continuing the game at home:

PS: Some of these pictures were some of my first to take on my new camera. I don't know what I was thinking in that I would have time to figure out a fancy new camera and photoshop with two kids and one on the way. It took me 6 weeks to open the camera and another 6 weeks just to download the pictures!! Needless to say, none of them have been touched up. Maybe in 5 years I'll get better.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay! A post from Alison! I can rest well tonight! :)

Oh. My. That first shot of Kara (when I clicked on it full size) is just stunning. What a looker!

I sure miss IKEA. Don't remind me.

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

great job! i hope you are enjoying the camera. if you need any tips (not that i'm that experienced, but i try..) i would say shoot everything manual and in raw format (will give you more to work with in photoshop...you can fix white balance and everything if it's shot raw.)