Friday, March 6, 2009

lol and ALL CAPS

These are my two biggest pet peeves in the computer world. I hate seeing them and I hate reading them. Why? I have no idea. For some reason, I have seen them a lot today and felt the need to share with you all. Does this bug anyone else or am I the only one?

In other news, I'm finally starting to feel a little better, so I'm hoping that I can emerge from my month-long sabbatical shortly and get back to regular posting. My blogiversary/birthday is coming up after all :). (Someone out there probably hates those side smiley faces).

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have totally missed you out here in blogville. Glad you are feeling better.

Joy said...

How funny -- I hate lol, but I think I used it yesterday!!! But I am VERY guilty of writing in all caps -- :)

Glad you are starting to feel better!

Alison said...

I should have said that I don't mind the occasional word in all caps - it is when people ONLY type in all caps.

Kimberly said...

Well, that's a relief....you made me go back through my blog several weeks back just to make sure I was not one of your offenders. :)

Sharp said...

Many people hate the smilies (aka, emoticons). However, there are so many easily offended people out there with the inability to detect sarcasm that you almost have to put one at the end of joke just to make sure people know you aren't serious. I usually reserve ;) for that purpose.

I actually tolerate lol better than "ha ha," even though I can't remember the last time I used either. "Ha ha" just looks cheesy to me.

As for all caps, I agree. STOP YELLING AT ME!

Kimberly said...

You get back to blogging or else, young lady!

Kidding...

I hope you are not feeling bad again. If you are, you are in good company (that's assuming you would consider me good company). Anna is so upset all the time, that it makes me so upset all the time. And when she is not screaming and crying, i wait in fear of her next raging tantrum.

Not the same as pregnancy type feeling bad, but feeling bad nonetheless. :(

Unknown said...

hope you're back soon!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

hey,
where ARE YOU? WE MISS YOU IN BLOGVILLE. LOL.

j/k

also, I would like to see some pictures from your new camera! having fun with it?