Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Heights

Tonight Garet and I put up a bunk bed in Levi's room. This bunk bed has some history. My dad built it for my brother, Brian, when he was a kid. Thankfully for us, my parents didn't get rid of it and my brother said we could use it. My dad left fantastic directions and we put it up in no time at all.

The plan is to transition Kara into Levi's room at some point in the next 4 months. However, Levi loves sleep and Kara does not. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I have no idea of what kind of "theme" I am going to do in their room. I might stick with the Hawaiian/surfer theme, but we'll see. When I figure it out, I'm going to paint the bunk bed a lighter color and we'll be good to go!

First time up on the bunk:That's a long way down! Levi has never fallen out of his bed...never needed a rail or anything. Let's hope that his first time isn't out of the bunk bed!
Practicing the ladder (ignore the room - we were trying to move things out of the way and get it done before bed time):
Getting ready to go to bed:
Pretending to sleep for the camera - guess who got him to do this "pose":
Night Night. Love you, Levi:

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

hee, hee, hee, hee. Can't wait to read how that transition goes. :)

I think I really expected to hear you say that y'all would be moving or something. You know, the needing more room or just more rooms with 3 kids and all. I did not see the sharing a room thing coming.

Still, I am sure it will work out just fine.

Holly Gibson said...

Sounds cute - I thought I was the only weird parent that was going to put the boy and girl together at that age :) However, I'm trying to pick a neutral theme now for Jude's room so I can move him and do georgia's nursery.

Anonymous said...

Awww, seeing that bed brings back lots of good memories :). I'm glad the next generation will get some use out of it too! Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

Fret not - the rail on top is sturdy (I woke up a few times up against it, but never on the floor!)

Just recommend to Levi not to have pillow fights from the top bunk...sometimes you forget about light fixtures on the ceiling;)

Brian

Alison said...

Kimberly: our home loan is soooo good that we can't justify moving when we still have plenty of space (to us anyways). Little kids don't take up that much room, but I'm sure that will change in a few years!

Brian: The first thing Levi did when he got to the top of the bunk was to try to stop his ceiling fan...sigh.

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

I was wondering what ya'll were going to do. seems like the perfect solution! so cute. I'm excited to see what you do with the room.