Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Before & After

This was the view from my front porch back in April:
Within a couple of minutes, we had some serious hail come down. I don't know how well you can see this, but we had between golf-ball size and baseball-size hail. The hail was so loud - I was home alone with the kids and I thought the roof was going to cave in!
We didn't think much about it at the time, but several weeks ago many houses in our neighborhood started to get new roofs. So, we thought we might as well look into it. Sure enough, we had hail damage! Here is our "before":
"After":
"Before":
"After": When we were building our house, we made a last minute change on our roof color and have regretted it ever since (7.5 years!). Thankfully, we were very pleased with the color this time around...now we just need to pick a door & shutter color. Yea for hail (and low deductibles)!

Side note: The actual day of the re-roof project was horrible. They put the dumpster in front of our garage and I was trapped inside with the kids all day. My head was killing me from all the pounding! Lesson learned: park on the street the night before!

5 comments:

Alison said...

OK. So you really can't tell anything from these pictures in Blogger - I guess you will have to stop by in person!

Kimberly said...

I can tell the different shingle style at least. Those 3d shingles looks so good!

Bull said...

It also appears that the roofers stole your cars, as they are no longer there in the "after" version.

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

I'm so jealous. we were praying for hail towards the end, but decided to bite the bullet and put a new roof on. we'll probably get a huge hail storm now. :) looks great!

Bill and Melodie said...

and I still do not have a new roof... Bill's friend told him to look out for the 3rd trimester monster, and well, she's about to come out!!! Tey'll let me off if I do something crazy in this heat at 8+ months pregnant, won't they???