Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vacation - Day 1 - Our Anniversary

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - Vacations are my love language. A few months ago, I planned out a little family trip somewhere new. However, for various reasons I can't go into, the trip did not look like it was going to happen. This past weekend was the absolute last weekend we could go due to Garison's impending arrival and things did not look good.

Garet had been in Hawaii for a week and then home for a few days and then headed out at 4:45 AM last Monday and returned at 11:30 PM on Tuesday. Despite that, he let me start packing so that we could leave on Wednesday after he went in to work. I honestly don't know how he managed to stay awake (especially if you know Garet and his sleep).

Last Wednesday was our 9 year anniversary and I could ask for nothing more than a little vacation. Sure, the actual day was nothing to blog about...work for Garet, a flurry of activity at home packing last minute and getting in a car and driving four hours north. Our "anniversary dinner" was spent at a Burger King (in a gas station no less), but you know what - I wouldn't have changed a thing about it.

Here we were 9 years ago.... surrounded by friends and family...
and we are just as happy now as we were then. There has been a reason this blog has been silent much of this year - this has been a tough, tough, tough year for our family, but I am thankful to say that we are still best friends, still love each other very much and extremely blessed to watch our family expand once again in a few weeks.

So, where did we go? Stay tuned!

PS: I did a much better job last year of commemorating our 8th anniversary. Go here to see our first 8 years together!

4 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Happy A day! I am glad to see that Adam/Bull has not lost his goofy smile. Thankfully, he did not smile like that in ALL of our wedding pictures :-)

Also, I, too, spent my first Valentine's Day at Burger King, and honestly, it was one of the best. We're simple folk.

You and this allusive vacation...interested to find out wehre you went!!!!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Happy Anniversary! Might I say that you had the BEST looking wedding party of all time? :) Cant wait to meet the little guy!

Kimberly said...

9 years?! Go Fields! Happy Anniversary!

Kate said...

You both look so young!