Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vacation - Day 2 - Holiday World!

After stopping for the night in Kentucky, we drove into none other than Santa Claus, Indiana on Thursday. My sister-in-law, Kelly, had been to this amusement park called Holiday World and it peaked my interest. Sure it sounds a bit hokey and telling people that you are going to Indiana doesn't exactly sound exciting, but it was so much fun!

The park is divided into two areas - an amusement park side and a water park side. We arrived at the park just after 10 AM and planned to leave around 2 or 3 when it was time for a nap. We didn't leave until almost 7 PM - the kids were troopers!!

This is a family-friendly place if I've ever seen one. First, I got in half-price when they saw I was pregnant. Second, they have free drinks all over the park so we never got dehydrated. And, they had free sunscreen in the water park area. How cool is that?

The best part about this park was that they had so many rides that preschoolers and toddlers could ride. I bet there were 10+ rides Kara could go on and 20+ that Levi could go on.

Being over 36", Levi was able to ride several "big" rides. Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures of him on them, but the kid was fearless. Levi is usually very cautious about things, but he went on every ride he could!


The bumper boats were by far the kids favorite. Kara took no prisoners as she zoomed around in the water:



After spending the morning in the amusement park, we changed into our swim suits and headed to the water park. I so wish I had taken some pictures in there - the kids areas were amazing! By far, the best kids water park I have ever seen. Levi & Garet headed to the water slides while Kara & I hung out in the lazy river and toddler areas. It was so relaxing to me because one of the toddler pools bubbled like a hot tub (without the heat) and it felt so good on my back. I just sat there and floated while Kara played around.
We ended the day back at the amusement park - the kids couldn't get enough. I highly recommend this park as a stop. Sure it was hot and I was 8 months pregnant, but it was so worth it to watch the kids have so much fun!!

Then we were off to location #2...

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

There are a TON of Holiday World commercials around this area, and we've thrown around the idea of heading that way. Now it's a must. Looks like the perfect kid-friendly destination. :)