Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dear Garison,

Happy BIRTHday! I can hardly believe that you are now with us. While we were quite surprised to learn about you 8 months ago, we have been anxiously awaiting this day for several weeks.

Today was just amazing - you did everything you were supposed to and made things very easy on Mommy (of which I am very thankful). Despite being early, you are a very healthy thing weighing in at 8 lbs, 2 oz and 20 inches long. The day started early for your Daddy and I...at 3:30 AM, but you were here at 2:02 without any problems.
I got a bit emotional when I spent my first moments with you (which was a first for me). I feel that God gave you to our family just for me. I can't explain it, but there is just something about knowing that you are going to be my "baby" forever even when I'm sure you will stand 6 foot plus!
A special bonus of you being born on this day is that it is my half-birthday. I know that isn't a big deal, but I love that we share something in common. You have an amazing Daddy who loves you so much already. I know that you two are going to have a lot of fun together in the years to come.You also have a protective big brother and loving big sister to show you the ropes at home. The three of you are going to be great friends, I just know it. They were very excited to meet you today. I can't stop staring at you today and thinking about what the future holds for you. I pray that you always know that you have a family that adores you and a God that loves you.
Welcome to the family! Hugs and Kisses, Mommy

14 comments:

Abby said...

Congratulations! You have a great family and beautiful kids! I can't wait to meet Garison!

Linda Jones said...

OK... that made me cry! That is so sweet and I know one day he will cherish reading your words that were so fresh on your mind after his birth.

I am so envious of this electronic world that is at your fingertips on days like this. I would give anything if I had written down my thoughts and feelings way back when I was having my kids.

The photos are precious and I can't wait to see him in person. Congratulations!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Congratulations Alison. i can't wait to get up that way and meet him AND Kara (remember, I haven't met her either!) Please let Joy and I know when you are feeling sane enough for a visit!

We love you!

Ashley Brown said...

Oh my. Great words Alison. I have tears in my eyes thinking about how special this little boy is and what a great family he has been born into. I cant wait to meet him. He looks precious...another gift from God! Congrats! See you soon!

Joy said...

Alisphere -- I think that was the most beautiful thing you've written!! I love that you were able to write down your thoughts for him!!

Love the pics of the kids all on the bed with you! Keep the pictures coming! Congratulations to you all! We love you!

Ellen said...

I've got chills and tears. What a gift for Garison to have those words from his mommy!

Jeremy said...

Congratulations!

Kimberly said...

Oh, Alison...such precious thoughts of yours to your newest baby. What a treasure a new little family member is.

And what a sweet moment to see Levi and Kara peeking at their new brother.

Gosh - I can still remember Levi so little and then Kara the baby.

Sounds like he arrived almost to the dot for the time you wanted him to come by...didn't you say 2:00 ish? So glad for a good delivery. He is beautiful.

Krista Sisk said...

Congratulations Allision! What a beautiful baby boy! What a special time. Now ya'll can decide if it is true what they say, that once you have two...three is no big deal! Congrats again, you have a beautiful family.

Holly Gibson said...

What joy. He's a beautiful baby and so glad that God's hand was so evident in his arrival - all in perfect timing of course. Best of luck in a speedy recovery....You're a powerhouse. Georgia is a little over 2 weeks and I still have yet to write something "good"..

Kendra said...

I can't wait to see Garison. Congratulations Alison and Garet :) I cried when I read your post, what a wonderful gift to give your little one for him to read one day. Kendra

MaryBeth said...

Congratulations! Your words brought tears to my eyes. Garison is lucky to be born into a wonderful family like yours. God bless!

Aunt Joyce said...

What a wonderful moment for you and for your family! I know Garison will be totally loved and cherished. It's so exciting to be able to share this moment with you, even though I am all the way out here in California. Hope your entire clan can come out and pay us a visit sometime. We'd love to meet all of you!
Aunt Joyce

Mary B said...

Beautiful letter; precious baby! The picture of the kids on your lap reminds me of one of my faorite pictues from Luc's birth when we introduced him to Marc-Andre. Almost the same shot. Glad it went to well and that you are feeling great. You look terrific and your family is just beautiful! Congrats!