Thursday, September 3, 2009

Vacation - Day 4 - St. Louis Arch & Zoo

Day 4 proved to be much better than the previous day and we hit the ground running with a return visit to the arch. Levi got a digital camera for Christmas and had a blast taking pictures everywhere we went. Hopefully I'll get around to posting our trip from his viewpoint - he got some really good pictures.They had a large scale in the waiting area to go up in the arch. The kids enjoyed seeing who was heavier. I told them that Daddy and I (& Garison) would not be participating :).
So, our family had to fit in this pod with two other adults...hmmmm....
On the way up I think the kids were trying to figure out exactly what was going on (you can also see Levi's black eye really clearly here - the result of a CARS car accident):
I was really proud of the kids at the top, they climbed right up to look out...
I on the other hand did not enjoy this view straight down...
I preferred to look out at the city.
Here we are at the top!
Yes, I am a tourist.
After we went up in the arch, we drove across town to head to the St. Louis Zoo. The Zoo is actually free, although we bought the pass that let us have unlimited train rides - I was 8 months pregnant after all :). The train was the absolute highlight of the zoo - I think the kids could have ridden it all day.

It might have been Mommy's favorite part too with the cool breeze...
I got a FLIP video camera and I must say that I LOVE it. So easy to use and fun too. I'll spare you the other video's, but wanted to include at least one:

Levi loves Tigers (as any good Auburn Fan should), so we couldn't pass them by:


This picture is only funny because Garet climbed through this tunnel, but what you can't see is there is a glass window in the middle with snakes in it. Kinda freaky.
I knew hippos lived in water, but I never realized how fast they swam. I could have watched these guys for a long time. It was amazing to watch!


I've never really been a "zoo" person, but I have to admit that I had a really good time at this zoo. The first hour we were there was a little stressful, but then the kids relaxed and we ended up staying all the way until closing. A good family memory indeed.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Noah is insisting on going to the zoo, too, now that he has seen Levi on the train and all your animal shots!

Kara is a curly beauty.

You mean to say you bought a Flip camera AND opened the box?! :)

Alison said...

St. Louis is so close to you all Kimberly!

What I didn't say is that it sat on my floor for over a month unopened...in fact, it wasn't until day 3 of the trip before I opened it :). You know me!