Saturday, October 22, 2011

Four

Dear Kara,

For whatever reason, Daddy and I thought you were 3 for an extra long time. It might have had something to do with the fact that you constantly said, "When I am four, I will....". There are a lot of promises we are ready to hold you to :). Regardless, here you are now - a big four year old with bright blue eyes and the most beautiful face.

You have quite the personality. While we have lots of dramatic moments with you, we also have some of the most loving. You certainly wear your personality on your sleeve and though sometimes it faults you, I enjoy your hugs and kisses and snuggles immensely. You love to lay down on the couch and have one of us rub your back. I would not be surprised if your love language is Touch.

School is one of your favorite things and you are blessed with so many good friends there. While social for the most part, you do have a shy streak in you. You have also enjoyed dance again this year. They added tap to your class, so that has been fun addition to ballet. You get to dance with your good friend Emilie and you would also add that Rosa and Fern are your best friends too.

Food is not something you think is important - I honestly can not figure out how you are still alive somedays. Unless it is mac & cheese, noodles, pancakes, bananas or granola bars (or cookies :), you usually don't eat it. Somehow you weigh 37 lbs though and are a tall girl at 41.5". The only two drinks you consume are milk and your all-time favorite: water with ice (very important).

Ever since we went to Disney last year, you have been consumed with princesses. I *think* the favorite of the moment is Ariel, but you are likely to change that tomorrow. You also enjoy playing with your dollhouse and kitchen, watching Busytown or Caillou and coloring.

You have a very unique spot in our family as the middle child and it really suites you. As Levi has gone to school, you and Garison have started playing together a lot more and I think you enjoy being the "big sister" and showing him the ropes. However, when Levi is home, I see the "little sister" in you come out. One thing is for sure, you have two brothers that love you and I know you adore them.

I love you more than anything Kara-bear and look forward to watching you grow up to be a beautiful young lady.

Love,
"Mama" or "Alison" as you call me :)

No comments: