Monday, March 31, 2008

Just in case you want to know...

....here's 100 things about me. I got tagged by Ashley who was tagged by Darby (I totally stalk her blog, but have admited it!)

1. I was born in San Francisco, CA on March 16, 1978 (once again reminded that I'm 30!)
2. I've lived in Vermillion, SD (where my parents started a church)
3. Champaign, IL (Dad in grad school)
4. Boulder, CO (Only for a summer)
5. Huntsville, AL (Most of my growing up years)
6. Auburn, AL (A great place to get a degree - War Eagle!)
7. Tybee Island, GA (Summer Camp Counselor)
8. Madison, AL (with my wonderful husband, Garet)
9. Yes, it was really cold in South Dakota, but we could make some killer snowmen and forts.
10. My parents took us all over the country when I was growing up and instilled in me a love for travel.
11. I've been to 41 states.
12. Most of the ones left are in the pacific northwest. I've got some plans to go out there.
13. I've been to Europe twice - 7 countries.
14. I have two kids
15. Levi is 2 and a half
16. He loves Cars (Lightening McQueen), Diego and Thomas (in that order).
17. We have started potty training - I'll have a fun post about this soon.
18. Kara is 5 months.
19. She cries a lot, but we love her to pieces.
20. She needs to gain some weight - pray for her!
21. I haven't had very many jobs in my life.
22. Babysitting
23. Tutored AU athletes while in college - good times.
24. Had an internship on some government space program - it was a joke.
25. First real job was at Tetra Tech EC (also know as Foster Wheeler and just plain Tetra Tech while I worked there).
26. I was a cost analyst which meant I managed the financial side of our contracts. I loved it, but
27. I loved talking with the ladies I worked with more.
28. Went part time to stay at home with Levi.
29. I considered myself as having a full-time AND a part-time job.
30. Eventually left Tetra Tech and started working at my church.
31. I now head up the Life Group Ministry at my church - talk about a 180!
32. I love it though.
33. We recently went to a conference as a staff (a later post) and I learned way too much about my co-workers!
34. My BFF on staff, Mary (the children's minister) and I stayed up until 3:00 AM talking. What was I thinking?!?! I had a night away from the kids and I didn't sleep! Mary's worth it :).
35. I love working with people now. I still like numbers though.
36. I have this bad habit of finding "projects" for Garet to do around the house.
37. Somehow he goes along with them.
38. We are going on 3 months on our latest project (flooring). Pray for us.
39. We host a Life Group at our house and they have seen our slow pain.
40. Speaking of Life Groups, I absolutely love mine.
41. We are blessed with so many good friends here.
42. They take care of us, and more importantly, they cook for us.
43. We go to the beach together every year - how cool is that?
44. Our group used to be the mwok (married w/o kids group). Now we have lots and lots of kids - we are out of control!
45. Speaking of friends, we have some fabulous friends from Auburn.
46. Garet and I were both lucky to have a very close knit group of friends from the BCM.
47. Our wedding was one big Auburn Party!
48. Garet and I met and got engaged at Auburn.
49. I hope our kids go there.
50. On to my family.
51. I have two parents who are still married (32 years!)
52. Many of my friends have divorced parents and that makes me sad.
53. My parents instilled in me a strong work ethic, but did not instill in me the need to be on time (sorry mom and dad).
54. My brother isn't on time either.
55. He lives in Maryland which is far away and I wish he was closer.
56. He is married to a cool girl named, Kristen (if you know my maiden name, this will make you smile).
57. Kristen is one of the most artistic people I know. I'll have to show off some of her work sometime.
58. Brian is in grad school and Kristen is a teacher.
59. I have 2 sister-in-laws on Garet's side - Kelly & Keri.
60. They are super and really treat me like I'm their real sister - I love that.
61. They are both married to Shawn & Brian, respectivly.
62. I have 3 nephews and 2 nieces on that side. Somehow we got a great photo from 7 kids under 8!!
63. Both of Garet's sister's families live far away too - I wish they were closer.
64. I do not hate my in-laws - I couldn't love them more!
65. From day one, they have treated me like I was their own child.
66. Don & Kathy (Garet's parents) live close, so that is nice.
67. My hobbies are: scrapbooking
68. and researching travel ideas (which I do quite frequently).
69. If you know me well, I've drilled you for vacation ideas.
70. Kara is 5 months old and already been in 8 states if that tells you anything.
71. One of the places we go each year has to be somewhere new.
72. This year we are hoping that it will be the Dominican Republic for my 30th birthday celebration (yes, it will be late). Hopefully it will work out!!
73. I have curly hair
74. Sometimes it gets out of control
75. People don't forget me. I choose to believe it is because of the hair, but I'm probably fooling myself.
76. We hope to have at least one more child - maybe two.
77. It may be through adoption - our friends the Schroders and Boyacheks have opened our eyes to this idea.
78. We don't see ourselves as southerners long-term.
79. We feel led to move west at some point - not sure when.
80. I am an awful housekeeper.
81. I really try to keep up with it, but I just can't win.
82. Garet asked me if I could hire one person, would it be a cook? I said no, a housekeeper.
83. Maybe that's what I'll ask for when I turn 31.
84. In high school I was on the flag corp.
85. I was in my element on the field.
86. I can still do several of my routines and all the tosses. I just can't part with my flag!
87. I played the clarinet for 7 years.
88. For some reason I was good at it - too bad I hated it!
89. I wish I could sing like Michelle Britt. If you know her, you know what I mean!
90. I am going to be a rocker in heaven and I'm going to be good.
91. I should start selling tickets now and then I could pay for my housekeeper.
92. Garet and I love to dance - there just aren't enough opportunities!
93. I played Volleyball in Middle School. I was not good at it.
94. I love working out, but I am not a good athlete.
95. I would change my knees if I could - they bow in and that makes it difficult to run!
96. I skiied while I was pregnant with Levi (I didn't know!).
97. I thought the words to "Take me down to Paradise City" were "Take me down to the very last city". Garet thinks that is really funny for some reason
98. I love to watch HGTV and TLC
99. My favorite show is Amazing Race. I wish Garet and I could be on there!
100. Last, but certainly not least, I love the Lord. I am forgiven and strive to live a life that is honoring to Him. This is a daily struggle, but I press on.

Whew! It took Ashley 2 hours and me 20 minutes - I have way too much useless info in my head at any given moment!

Now it's my turn...I tag Jan (because I know she will do it :), Wallace (because he lives in Ireland), Dan & Ellen (because they are my new neighbors, but are probably too busy packing), and Bill & Melodie (because I know they will have at least 100 things to share about their trip!).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone's 100 facts are fascinating -- almost makes me wish I had a blog too!!

Alison said...

OK Joy, I'm tagging you too now. I would LOVE to keep up with you on a day to day basis. Miss you!

Boyacheks said...

That was neat reading your answers! Thank you for not tagging me b/c it would probably take me over 2 hours to do it too and I don't know if I can handle that right now :) Thanks for all your comments on the blog! It is so encouraging to know that people are following along and praying for us! We are SO excited! I don't know when I will be in town for shopping, but I will let you know!
Jaime

Wallace said...

ok... i am working on it... right now i am on 36... this is going to take me a month!!!!

thanks!

Wallace said...

Still working... but on 84 now...

Wallace said...

Finished... will post tomorrow.