Sunday, April 20, 2008

Alison's Birthday Vacation, Take 3

Well, after several frustrating weeks of trying to get the flights to the Dominican Republic worked out, I've officially given up. I can't write too much about that because I seriously might cry about it. My only solace is that we can go next year. Since I'm absolutely determined to celebrate my birthday outside of Alabama (albeit a few months late), we made a quick decision to spend the weekend in San Antonio. It's been one of those places that has always been on my list, I just haven't made it a priority. While I'm super sad about not getting that "week away", I'm starting to get more excited the more I look up. We decided to take the kids, because I just couldn't go to Sea World without them. So, here's a conversation Levi and I had yesterday:

Alison: Levi, do you want to fly in an airplane to Texas and see some big fish?
Levi: Ummm, do the fish talk?
Alison: No
Levi: Can I sit by the window?
Alison: Yes
Levi: OK

He cracks me up. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions of things not to miss besides the Alamo, RiverWalk and Sea World, please comment. Our friends, Josh & Holly and their cutie Jude are going to meet us up there, so if you are interested, e-mail me and I'll give you the details.

On a side note, it was a beautiful weekend, so we got the kites out.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Well, of course you have to hit Schlitterbahn!

Kimberly said...

And Fiesta Texas!

Alison said...

But are those doable with Levi & Kara in tow?

Ashley Turnbull said...

As someone who loves to travel and pitches a fit when it doesn't work out, I am officially sad for you. I cannot believe the flights were that hard to get! Well, it's just something to look forward to next year =) And, ya'll will enjoy TX and seeing friends. Yay for travels this week!

Kristy said...

You should go have breakfast tacos and sweetbread from Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery... very tasty and cheap.

Kimberly said...

Well, Fiesta Texas more so than Schlitterbahn. They have a kid rides, lots of shows, etc.

Kendra said...

The Children's Museum downtown is absolutely fabulous! Levi would love it. :o) (sakids.org)

We just moved from San Antonio to Waco! Just so you know, prepare for it to be HOT! :o) It's definitely a great place to visit, though! You'll enjoy it.

Kendra said...

And The Witte Museum is a great museum for parents and kids! :o)

And my husband says you should eat at Freddy's...it's steak burgers and frozen custard. There's one in The Quarry shopping center (on 281).

If you want to do some shopping, there's a great outlet mall about 30 minutes north of San Antonio (on I-35) in San Marcos.

Alison said...

Thanks for all the great ideas!!