Monday, April 28, 2008

Question for the Day

So, I am researching two things right now and I thought I would throw them out to blog world and see if anyone has any comments/suggestions/recommendations on the following:

1. Roomba. This past weekend, our Life Group got into a discussion about these amazing little machines. Jenn has one (actually two) and she almost had me convinced to go out and buy one that night. They have also been a topic of conversation at Garet's work as well. As I've mentioned before, I would like to hire a housekeeper, so why not start with an electronic one! I have yet to hear a negative review, so if you have any thoughts on the issue, please let me know!

2. iPOD vs. iTOUCH. I desperately need a new MP3 Player and with the recent turn of events regarding my birthday trip, I decided I needed to at least spend a little money on myself to ease the pain of turning 30. So, I just started looking around and was pretty much convinced I would just get a new iPOD (80 GB), but then my co-worker Josh walks into the office with the iTOUCH (8 GB). I have to admit, it looks pretty fun. So, I'm stuck. Realistically, I think I should probably stick to the iPOD, but if you have an opinion, share away!

Jenn has a couple of iPODs as well and she has also convinced me to buy a pair of Lucky Jeans (and we both have boys named Levi!!), so apparently I want to be just like Jenn lately. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just get the iPhone, from what I can tell my brother would stop breathing if this device were pried from his hands....just a thought.

Bill and Melodie said...

WWDD?
What Would Dave Do? : )

Alison said...

Kendra: I've thought it.

Bill: Party Pooper!!!

Anonymous said...

There are plenty of economical alternatives to Apple's music players. My Sandisk Sansa c250 has an FM radio, the ability to record (from voice or from radio) and a microSD slot so that I can add more memory when I want to. (It was also refurbished, so it was only $15 from buy.com.)

Bill and Melodie said...

OK, WWJD?
What Would Jenn Do?

~Melodie

Anonymous said...

Love my 160G iPod! but then again it allowed me to box up all my cd's after loading it up and store 'em away. I use my iPod for home, work and car. I have a lil 4g Sandisk that I keep loaded for workouts and runs... What are you using it for again? My aunt's iPhone freezes up all the time and has to be reset often. and btw... I'm still crazy about Lucky Jeans... :D Can't live w/o 'em...

Alison said...

Peter: As always, you are talking too high for me :)

Melodie: seriously

Jenn: Good idea about getting a small one just for the gym

Josh let me look at his itouch today...that may have sealed the deal!

Anonymous said...

I love my roomba. It works great on hardwood floors. If you have pets with long hair I'm not sure how well it would work and I don't know about carpet. But my two cents is get one. They are wonderful. I vacuum while I am away from home.

The only downfall is that our dog Charlie doesn't really like vacuums (ok he barks at them non stop) so this is kind of torture for him.