Friday, April 25, 2008

Why a parent should never have high expectations when getting their child's picture taken

The difference is frustration. The lower your expectations, the easier it is to handle portrait situations like this:

















Kara decided she was scared of the camera and cried the whole time she was getting her pictures taken and Levi always has some interesting "poses". Actually, Levi did great and gets a big kudos from me for being so patient with his sister. We didn't get a good picture of the kids together (even though I bought some!), but there were a couple of decent ones of them individually. If you only knew how much work it took to get that smile on Kara!!!


8 comments:

The Slocumb Family said...

They are precious! I know how you feel about trying to get them to smile for the camera. Brock does the same thing to me. Have a great weekend!
--Brooke

Kimberly said...

Oh cut yourself some slack - :) troubling photo sessions are par for the course. And Kara looks like an angel in her solo shot! And Levi -what can I say, but what a cool stance he has there! Quite the stud!

The Canada's said...

Beautiful pictures! We also had a fun photo experience with Lakyn and her two cousins. I can relate! Very exhausting!

Anonymous said...

EVERY picture of my grandchildren is beautiful :) - Grandma

sosagtsie said...

I understand, lol. But the pictures (that you posted at least) did turn out really well. I can't believe they're getting so big!

i got so tired of the photo day madness that we now take them to a park (or train tracks, etc) and get this one guy that I know to take pictures of them and all of us as a family just having fun together. He does an amazing job - the boys go crazy and laugh and are their normal exhausting selves and the pictures really capture that. Much easier on me :)

Joy said...

I love all the pictures, Alisphere! You should post some of the two of them together, too!

Anonymous said...

Holy schnark! Congratulations on using "kudos" correctly; it's singular, which nobody seems to know.

Alison said...

Anonymous: I assure you that any correct use of grammer on my part was clearly accidental!

Joy: I'll try to post some of the other pictures. We actually didn't buy any of the ones I posted.

Brittany: I may be following your lead soon!