Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity, Jig

We made it home! Although, last night we had our doubts. We logged on to check our flight and it was delayed. Thankfully though, it was only an hour and a half and allowed us to sleep in a little more and not have quite such a long layover in DFW. The kids were AWESOME for another day - I couldn't believe it! We've decided that Kara just loves doing something new and different every day. We quite possibly had the best 5 days in a row that we have ever had with her!

I would like to take a moment to personally thank the genius (seriously) who decided to put playgrounds in airports. They have saved us on more than one occasion! Here are a few pictures I got of them today:
It's getting late and I am so ready to crawl into my own bed. I was trying to think of what I could say about San Antonio in closing. It really has something for everyone, so if you are looking for a quick weekend get-away, I highly recommend it. The only negative thing was the heat - I was totally not ready for that!

The icing on the cake is our two-day work week! Gotta love that!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Welcome back to town! I should have warned you about that Texas heat...so hot it sucks the air out of you almost. Thankfully you were only there in May! :)

Kendra said...

Glad ya'll had a great time! Sorry, did I not warn you about the heat?! ;o) It really is hot in San Antonio about 9-10 months out of the year. We never got much of a break from it.

I love the pictures of the kids at the airport playground! They are too cute. And yes, whoever decided that was a great idea is a genius! :o)