Thursday, May 29, 2008

Product Review: Sit & Stand Stroller

Jason asked me about our stroller a few days ago, and since we just used it every day for several hours, I feel that I am now an "expert" on it. Plus, several of our friends are venturing into the land of "child #2", so hopefully this will help answer some questions. I have yet to push this bad boy around without getting at least one comment or question from someone.

My Sister-in-Law, Keri, is the first person to introduce me to the Sit & Stand Stroller. She loved it and now I love it.

Let me start by explaining what this stroller is: The front of the stroller is designed 2 ways - to hold a infant carrier or to use as a regular stroller seat. The back is designed for a child to sit facing backwards or to stand forwards. There is also an awning that goes over one or both children.

We got this stroller right before Kara was born and it was the right decision for us. Levi had (literally) just turned two when Kara was born and so he was of the age where he likes to walk by himself everywhere. The stroller was perfect because he could hop on and off as he wanted (or as we wanted) and we don't have to worry about strapping him in.

Pros:


  • Extra tall push bar. If you are tall like us, you know how uncomfortable the low arms are. This stroller will not disappoint!

  • You can buy an attachment that holds drinks - a wise investment.

  • Levi can hop on and off very easily unassisted.

  • Storage basket for things you don't want to carry (although it is on the small side)

  • Large canopy to shade both kids

  • Much smaller than most double strollers
Cons:


  • It is very long when folded (especially with the infant carrier attachment on). It fits in my CRV just fine though. Most double strollers are longer than this though (unless they are super expensive!).

  • When you have the infant carrier on the stroller, it makes it difficult for the child in the rear to sit comfortably because the front seat is "reclined". However, it is possible and Levi rarely rides sitting down anyway. This isn't a problem when Kara is just sitting in the stroller as opposed to her infant carrier.

  • The storage area could be a little bigger
As I was looking for the link to post, I noticed that they have SEVERAL models available now including a triple Sit & Stand and a lightweight version (although much more expensive). Anyway, I highly recommend them for parents of two kids.

Anyone else have one and want to make a comment?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One pro can also be a con... "Levi can hop on and off very easily unassisted." It seems like at least once a trip Levi gets in trouble for hopping off the moving stroller. But you can always strap him down in the sitting position if it becomes a problem.

Emily said...

Kimberly sent me your review of the sit and stand stroller, because I've been interested in one with our baby due here any day ... oh I'm her sister by the way, went with you all to the beach last September :) What kind do you have?? Where did you get it? I saw one at target and really liked it but the handle was kind of narrow...do you notice that with yours?

Alison said...

Hey Emily! We got ours at Babies R Us (gotta love coupons). It is the Joovy Brand. Target just recently started carrying them...or, at least they didn't have them when we were looking.

I haven't noticed the handles being narrow...we've just been so happy that the handles are high since we are both tall.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any more questions.

Emily said...

Great! I've heard and read a lot of reviews on the Joovy, but nothing about the handles...so that does help...yeah I put it on my registry so I could get a discount on it after the baby comes! :) But we're planning on buying one! thanks!

The Canada's said...

Thanks for the review! Very informative. Did you ever give us a review of the Roomba, or did I miss it?

Alison said...

Jason: See 5/20 post. I used it again today - love it!