Monday, July 21, 2008

It's official, I can really sew

I know all of you have been on pins and needles (pun intended) after my post last week, so I wanted to show you what we conquered tonight. I may not be an expert (OK, far, far away from being an expert), but I did do this:
Can you believe it? Our little group made these purses out of kitchen towels AND we did it in about 2 hours. Either I have an amazing ability to learn quickly or we have a very good teacher, Carey. I'm thinking the latter too.

Next week we are doing pillowcase dresses - I can't wait. I've got to go shopping for fabric! So many decisions!

8 comments:

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

So cute. I have my mom's old machine too, but haven't used it either. maybe you could come give me lessons now!

Kimberly said...

Ohhh, so cute! I am quite impressed!

Joy said...

SO CUTE! My sister makes those too, and she loves doing the pillow case dresses...I agree with carr, I think you will be giving lessons!

Heather said...

Ok that purse is awesome! And I really want in on this pillowcase dress thing so PLEASE help me get all the stuff I need for next monday!! PLEASE!! :)

The Slocumb Family said...

Great job! I cannot wait to see what all you are going to make in this class. Hopefully I will get inspired!

Kendra said...

Too cute! You did a great job! I can't wait to see the pillowcase dresses! Maybe you can put a "how to" for those on your blog! :o)

The Canada's said...

Love the purse! Can't wait to see the dress.

Unknown said...

oooh, make me one! i'll go get the towels.