Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Welcome to the USA!

As we bid farewell to the Olympics with all its American pride, we were able to welcome some of the USA's newest citizens this past Thursday!

I've written about my friends Bill & Melodie several times and their quest to adopt their daughters, Fern & Rosa, from Guatemala. Melodie moved to Guatemala about 7 weeks ago to be with their girls as they finished the final process. It seemed like forever ago and at the same time just a few days ago that she left and I am thrilled that she is finally home with the girls.

Because of unfortunate delays at the airport, we were not able to meet them as they arrived in Huntsville, but you better believe that I was over there the next morning to give those girls a squeeze. They are about the cutest little things I've ever seen. They surrounded me with hugs and kisses - although it might have been the fact I had Cheerios.

The girls are very close in age to Levi and Kara and it is obvious that they are going to be great friends. I can't wait to see them grow up together!
Rosa & Kara - only 9 days apart:

Fern & Levi - already holding hands:

Sunday we were able to go out to eat with their new family and I asked Bill if it was surreal to have them in the house after imagining them there for so many months. He agreed that it definitely was. I still can't believe they are here either - it is just so exciting!

In closing, my friend & co-worker, Jan, wrote a beautiful post on the Schroders' adoption - an amazing reminder of God's love for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, how sweet!!! I got to hold Rosa but Fern was a bit shy. I'll have to bring goldfish or something next time. I am not above bribery for a hug.

Seeing Bill and Melodie walk in on Sunday with the girls choked me up. I couldn't hardly sing, I just wanted to shout! (and cry of course, cause it's me!)

Bill and Melodie said...

Aw, so sweet, love the pics! Now I need to get busy on our new blog! We had fun eating with you guys Sunday and I can't wait for the kids to get together again soon!