Thursday, October 23, 2008

On to the toddler years

Kara turned one yesterday (which I'm still rejoicing over). I recently read a book and the author said the single hardest year of her life was the first year of her second child's life (Note: She only had two kids). I wouldn't go that far, but it certainly was a challenge.

If I'm honest with myself, I'd have to say that I'm not really a baby person, but the toddler years are another story. I have never laughed so hard at stuff Levi does as I have these past two years. I am hoping the same will be true with Kara as well. Things have already been noticeably more enjoyable these past couple of weeks.

Anyway, we had Kara's party this past Monday Night with both sets of grandparents. The kids love attention, so of course, they had a good time!

I made Kara a pillowcase shirt for her birthday. She looked so cute in it!I love this picture:Kara got her own "pink" shake-n-go car. No more stealing Levi's:Putting on lipstick from her new purse:Kara with her new stroller & baby doll:She's looking at the camera!Daddy's Little Girl:My nickname for Kara is "Kara Bear", so we had a Care Bears Cake:Grandpa & Grandma:Granddaddy & Nana:Score one for a girly-girl - Kara wanted nothing to do with the mess:This is how Kara preferred to eat her cake:

3 comments:

The Slocumb Family said...

Happy Birthday Kara!!!

I love the toddler years also. They are so funny to watch and learn new things.

You are getting really good at sewing...I love the shirt that you made!!!

Bill and Melodie said...

Happy B'day Kara! We are getting ready for Rosa's big day. I think she will totally love diggin into the cake. Although, they will surprise you sometimes. I am so excited our girls get to grow up together, no moving-OK!

Kendra said...

Happy late Birthday, Kara! :o)