Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yes, Vermont is a State

Last week, my Target Cashier and I were having a conversation about moose (long story). I was telling her that my sister-in-law, Kristen (who has the cutest Etsy site ever), was from Vermont (where there are moose). Sadly, she did not know that Vermont was a state and had no clue as to where it was. I told her that it was in the New England area, but I wasn't convinced that she knew what I meant.

While discussing this event at Life Group tonight, it reminded me of this game and how awful I was at it. Garet's co-worker, Judy (who has been more places than anyone I know), sent this out and I could never get past level 4. Amazingly, I just did it again and got to level 6 (with a 93 Traveler IQ). Maybe I'm becoming more cultured.

Anyway, this is a challenge for my Life Group (and anyone else who wants to try!). What is your Traveler IQ?

PS: No blog last week = No Garet. I was too exhausted at the end of the day to think while he was out of town! I'll catch up this week.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was fun, but i totally had to guess most of the time...level 8, IQ 109...again guessing...

ben amos

Sharp said...

Level 8, 100. On the last level I was only getting it on the right continent!

Alison said...

OK everyone, don't let Ben & Johnny scare you all off - remember, I was stuck on Level 4 for forever!!

Anonymous said...

Level 9, TIQ 108. Getting the wrong continent hurts. It helps when a city I don't know is in a small country.

Anonymous said...

Same as you... level 6, IQ of 92

BTW, this is my first comment ever ;)

Anonymous said...

Level 9, IQ of 105. I Agree w/Peter. I have no idea where the cities are, just the countries...so small countries helped a lot. -James

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if it was level 9 or 10 - I couldn't get to the one that requires 50000 pts...
Having maps of Africa around growing up really helped:)

More importantly, you gave me something to do during my lunch break...props

Brian

Anonymous said...

so I just played it again and realized they are all 50000 - I got level 10

Also, the US one is alot of fun too...though the city nicknames is completely random (who knew the "City of Trees" was in Idaho?)

Brian

Alison said...

Where are all the normal people??? I admitted I was a level 4, surely I am not the only one! Apparently the maps of Africa only helped one of the Christy children...sigh.

Yea for Kate's first comment - I'm so honored!!

Kimberly said...

Oh I am so embarrassed. I could only get to Level 3 on North America stuff.

I will call that my humble pie for the day.

Ellen said...

OK, was really embarrassed with my failure on level 3 (lets start a club, Kimberly)... so I tried North America and immediately clicked out of it when I didn't know the first answer. (what does that say about my perserverance??) I tried again and got to level 5 on world. I'm stopping now... :)

Unknown said...

level 6 IQ 103......not too bad i don't guess

starlagurl said...

Cool, I'm so glad you guys all like our game. You can chat about strategy and compare scores with other Traveler IQ addicts (including me) in our travel forums

Louise Brown
TravelPod Community Manager

Anonymous said...

The best I've gotten is 6... I think I got to level 3 the first time I tried. I guess I should start watching the news or something.

Sharp said...

Yeah, Africa is definitely the weak link. Tells you how much our history and news pretty much ignore it.

Joshua said...

I made it to level 7, IQ 97. I can see my 7th grade geography teacher shaking his head at me.