Thursday, February 19, 2009

The rest of the story

At the risk of losing friends for lack of information, yes, it is true that we are pregnant with #3! Wow. That is a lot to think about.

Let me start by saying that this was not planned at all - in fact, I am technically still in denial. While we really wanted 3 children, we had planned to wait several more months. After a long year with Kara, I was ready for a break and to regain some sanity before we plunged into the baby phase all over again. There have been many tears over this development and to be quite honest, a lot of anger, fear and exhaustion. We were not trying at all and I still don't understand how this all happened - I am a planner for goodness sakes!

However.

This child is a miracle.

While I knew God gave us Levi and Kara, they were both very planned. When things happen that you don't plan, you realize just how much God is in control of the situation. God wanted us to have this baby now regardless of what I wanted and that has been very humbling to me.

This is my comfort:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:11-13

I know the coming months will give me ample opportunities to be on my knees and "call upon Him", because I know of no other way that I will get through those first few months.

Please hear my heart in that we are truly blessed to have been given this child. I do not want anyone to read this and think I do not want this child - far, far from it. It is just overwhelming. We'll get through the next few years and I know I will be abundantly blessed times 3!

For those of you interested in the details, I am due somewhere around 9/27/09. This will most likely change, but it is what we are going with now. That puts me around 9 weeks which is where I would humbly ask for your prayers. I had a miscarriage between Levi & Kara and so there have been a lot of fears during this first trimester. Please pray for peace and a healthy baby throughout. Thanks!

PS: If you see me crying in a corner or pulled over on the side of the road with the door open, you'll now know what is going on :). Good times!

17 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ah ha! That is why you jumped at the Medela I emailed about!

Oh, wow! Wish I could reach you to hold you in a big, tight hug.

Yay for baby #3 and yay for unexpected surprises!

And don't feel bad about feeling bad/apprehensive...I would be crying too. And Josh too. :)

Jan Owen said...

honey, it's time we talked so you can "understand how this happened". :) love you....i understand that feeling. we didn't plan Maria or Philip!!!!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Congratulations to you guys! Another Fields! Y'all are so blessed, and you have a great attitude about it all! The Lord always provides!

Bill and Melodie said...

Congrats! I'm praying for you to get through the sickness and over the shock!

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling ya, Alison. We were the same way. It's hard to think about the future blessing when the current workload is so intimidating. But now, our surprise baby is our favorite kid! Just kidding.

It's just the fear of the unknown. Yall will handle it swimmingly!! Praying for yall and CONGRATULATIONS!

The Slocumb Family said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! So happy for you guys! Offering up prayers for a safe pregnancy!!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

congratulations! wow, what a shock. I'm with Jan though..."not sure how this all happened." do we need to get out the old tapes that clete made ya'll listen to? :) just kidding. i love you. please let me know if we can do anything for you!

Joy said...

Alison, I can just hear you saying, "I just don't understand how this could have happened!" Yes, I am laughing at you, but SO excited for the whole Fields family! And I'm praying prayers of 'no nausea' and 'restful sleep' to come your way!! Can't wait to keep hearing about updates!!!

Oh, and do we get to vote on baby #3's name, too? :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Ben Amos

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am excited for you and as I said on facebook I understand your fear since we are trying to plan when to have a 3rd. It is really hard to wrap my mind around, so you are blessed not to have to worry about it. Praying for you. It's so exciting!

jnrosema said...

Congrats!!! What a fun way to tell the world. :) I should hang out with you to get some advice... :) Take care!

Stacey said...

Congrats to you and Garet! I thought the mini van post was a little suspect. ;) I'll be praying for you all.

The Canada's said...

Praise Him for blessing by Him for Him in His time. In the meantime mount up! You got THE van, the support system, hang on for the ride.

Hope to see you real soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two, I mean 4, uh 5!!!! Garet, you the man!! You will make that minivan look so good!

Tammydee said...

Congratulations Alison, you are blessed beyond measure! God has and will meet all your needs!

Kendra said...

Congrats, you guys! Praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy!