Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let it Snow

In honor of the 30 degree drop in temperature we have had the last few days, I thought it would be appropriate to finally post our snow pictures. We got a pretty good dusting back on March 1st and the kids absolutely loved it. I stayed inside since I was still pretty sick at that point (that, and I prefer to be warm when given the option). The kids stayed outside until they were shivering, but they still had grins on their faces! Watching the snow come down:
Such an infectious grin!
Lightning McQueen Hat: Check. Lightning McQueen Gloves: Check. He is everywhere!
We are so nice to our kids:
Since it snows on average once every 4 years, we don't have a sled around the house. The ever inventive Garet tied a rope to a laundry basket and pulled the kids around the yard. They never knew the difference.
Our little snowman:
I'm really hoping this will be the end of the cold weather (since it is April after all!) and I can get the kids winter clothing put up soon. I've got to start making room for the new baby. I figure if I start now, I'll be finished by the time the baby is 3 months old!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Preach it! Our poor heating and air unit is so confused with all the switching back and forth the past few weeks. Spring is just so finicky!

And hey, we southerners do what we can when/if it snows, so your sled is perfectly fitting!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Awww. what cute pics! Where are you going to put the new baby?

Alison said...

In Kara's room. We are going to put Levi & Kara together in a room...should be interesting.

sosagtsie said...

That will be fun - my boys LOVE sharing a room (though it was very..new..in the beginning and we had to learn the rules). Technically, the boy's new room (they're moving to the bigger bedroom) and the nursery are both supposed to be done by now - and more like actually purchasing items that we need for baby Samuel - but, alas, we're just starting all of that.

And I have 6 more weeks!! AHH!! So you guys are doing better than we are :)