Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer Sanity

This summer has not been a good one for me. For several reasons I won't bore you with, I am very ready for it to be over with and a distant memory. The fall can not get here quick enough! Part of the problem has been that I have not been able to "turn off" the noise around me. I am very much a multi-tasker, and so even if I'm doing something relaxing, I'm always thinking about other things in the back of my mind thus negating any relaxing I might be attempting.

For some time now, Garet has really encouraged me to take some breaks. It all sounded fine and good as he said it, but I struggled with finding the time...always claiming I was too "busy".

All that changed a few weeks ago. I randomly signed up for this sewing group at my church - it is something I always wanted to do, but time always seemed to be my enemy. What I have experienced has been so much more than learning how to sew! Because I don't know anything about sewing, I have to concentrate really hard, which means I don't think about the million things on my list of things to do. Plus, the ladies in the group are fabulous and their conversation is just as sweet.

As promised, we did pillowcase dresses this week. They turned out SO cute! Although, I put it on Kara and she somehow managed to untie the double knots, so I'm going to have to figure out how to keep the dress on her before she wears it in public. My mind is already thinking of all the variations I can do with this pattern (there I go again with the "noise", sigh).

9 comments:

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

How cute! You did SO great. I'm so proud. :)

Hey, i'm really interested in the connection groups that you started...you think you could send me an email of the groups ya'll did and the format? i told scott about it and i think it would be something great for our new church. love you girl!

Owen said...

I was seriously thinking about joining you all ... but wasn't sure if guys were allowed. It is probably just my extra X kicking in.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Dress!! It looks so cute on Kara. You should be proud!

The Canada's said...

Love the dress and the fabric! It turned out so cute and looks great on Kara.

-Lindsey

Kimberly said...

Well it sounds like sewing projects are just what the doctor ordered for you to be able to take a personal vacation (even if its just mentally). :) The dress is too, too adorable! Make me one for Anna!!

Bill and Melodie said...

I totally expect one of these for my girls! Or at least teach me how to make them. Like I'm going to have time...

Alison said...

Carr - I'll send you an e-mail

Owen - of course you are allowed, don't be silly

Looks like I'm going to be a little busy making dresses :)

Anonymous said...

Good job..! Dress is looking cute. Well, I too working on some kids dresses.

Anonymous said...

So cute..! She is looking adorable in her new summer dress.