Monday, September 29, 2008

Things I can't live without: Alison Edition

This week, I'm going to do a series of posts on "Things I can't live without". I am starting with myself. Would you agree with anything on this list?

Target. I wish someone would pay me to shop there every day of the week. I could do it and I could find fabulous deals every day. If anything keeps me from our Dave Ramsey budget, it is Target.

Tivo. I'm still trying to decide if I watch more TV or less TV than I did before Tivo. I think it is about the same. I watch more shows, but have only seen about 10 commercials in the last two years. Our favorite is watching a 4 hour football game in 2.

Amazing Race. I just love that show. I would so be on it if I knew I could control my ugly side.

Travel. I need lots of vacations.

Facebook. I love friends and have been blessed with so many good ones over the years. What a joy to see (almost) all of them in one place. I love reconnecting with friends as far back as grade school and getting to keep up with their day to day activities. I think I'm about to cancel Myspace - too much work.

Costco/Sams. I posted about my love affair with them here.

The Beach. I've said it before, but Garet and I hope to live at the beach someday. I honestly don't think there is a better way to relax than at the beach.

Good jeans. I wear them everyday - I have to seriously think about the last time I wore a dress, another kind of pants or shorts (except at the gym) - it doesn't happen often.

Flip flops. Is there anything else to wear in the summer?

Sunglasses. I think I have super-sensitive eyes. Mine are missing at the moment, proving that I can't live without them! Side note: I couldn't find a picture of me without my sunglasses on my head the other day.

Google Reader & Google Calendar. How else would I keep up with 100 blogs a day and also keep my family organized?

Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. I allow myself one a day. Ahhhh....

Cheesecake. Not the fruity kind. If you read this post, you know I only get it after working out 12 times. Otherwise, I would be a balloon.

The gym. When I am not in a consistent routine, it just ain't pretty.

My Life Group / Friends. God knows that I need them and they blow me away each and every day with their kindness and compassion.

My family. I am so, so blessed on both sides to have an amazing family that loves me and cares about me. There is no family drama, which I know is something to be thankful for.

My kids. Who knew you could love something so much? They have magnified every emotion I have 10 fold.

My husband. Just watch this.

My faith. Without it, I don't know how I could navigate this life. I have been given so much grace.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

LOVING the list!!

Ditto on the jean, flip flops, and Target!

:)